Why take the course
This course is designed for everyone. It is interesting and varied and most participants tell us that they enjoyed it very much.
Five good reasons to attend SMHFA:
- Most people don’t know what to do in a mental health crisis. Take the course and you will be one of the few who knows what to do and is confident about putting that knowledge into action.
- You will learn how to recognise when a person might need help and the best way to approach them.
- You could save a life by learning basic suicide intervention skills.
- You will learn what protects your own and other people’s mental health.
- You will learn new skills that are useful in every part of your life
Mental Health problems are not as frightening as most people think.
When a person has a mental health problem what they need most is someone who can:
- listen calmly to their feelings and fears
- give some simple information
- tell them where to get appropriate help
It doesn’t sound too difficult does it?
This course is for everyone and participants use the skills they learn in all settings.